- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Lithuania opens its new Honorary Consulate in Finland
On 27 March, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius opened the new Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Tampere, Finland. From now on, five Honorary Consuls of Lithuania operate in Finland.
The entrepreneur Matti Arpiainen is the new Honorary Consul of Lithuania in Finland. He is the Managing Director at TT-Gaskets Oy.
During the visit to Finland, D. Skusevičius met with the Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland Anne Marjana Sipilainen. They discussed security issues in the Baltic Sea region, relations with Russia, the situation in Ukraine, Eastern Partnership policy, priorities for the Finnish Presidency of the Council of the EU in the field of security and defense. Finland's Presidency starts on 1 July 2019.
"It is important to further strengthen our cooperation in matters of security, cyber and hybrid threat prevention, and the EU’s internal resilience, as we strive to further deepen the EU-NATO partnership and our transatlantic cooperation. Thus, Lithuania is ready to support Finland's initiatives in these fields," said the Vice-Minister D.Skusevičius.
The Foreign Vice-Minister also visited the European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats in Helsinki. Currently, Lithuania is one of the participating countries. The country is also among its signatory states. The Lithuanian expert Vytautas Keršanskas works at the center.
In the meeting with the center’s Director for International Relations Kirsti Narinen, Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister voiced his support for Finland's goal of mobilizing the EU to take an internal action to counter hybrid threats, and of increasing its visibility during the period of the Presidency of the Council of the EU.
In the meeting with Finland’s Lithuanian community, the Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius conferred the award of honor of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Lithuania's Diplomacy Star – on Aurelija Kaškelevičienė for her efforts to promote the Lithuanian national identity, culture and history in Finland. A. Kaškelevičienė teaches the Lithuanian language at the Department of Slavic and Baltic Studies, University of Helsinki. In 2008, a Lithuanian Saturday school was opened in Helsinki thanks to her effort.
Currently, there are about 1, 700 Lithuanian citizens living in Finland.