- 2019-03-18 On 18 March at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in an informal breakfast of Foreign Ministers with the Foreign Minister of North Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov in Brussels
- 2019-03-18 On 18 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė attend Foreign Affairs Council meeting in Brussels
- 2019-03-18 On 18 March at 9:10 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the new Ecuadorian Ambassador Manuel Mejía Dalmau
- 2019-03-18 On 18 March at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the new Argentinian Ambassador Ana Maria Ramirez
- 2019-03-18 On 18 March at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event marking NATO's 70th anniversary “NATO at Seventy Post - Cold War Enlargement and the Future of Transatlantic Security” in Brussels
Minister Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Belgian Ambassador
On 9 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius bade farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Belgium to Lithuania Colette Taquet, who resides in Warsaw.
In the meeting, Lithuania's Foreign Minister thanked the Ambassador for a significant contribution of Belgium to the strengthening of the Baltic states' security, continued participation in NATO's air policing mission, and welcomed the good bilateral relations between Lithuania and Belgium.
"We appreciate the solid role of Belgium in strengthening the Baltic states' security. The country is a reliable and long-term partner within NATO, permanent participant of the NATO air policing mission in the Baltic states," said Linkevičius.
This year, the Belgian Air Component will guard the airspace of the Baltic states for the fifth time and for the fourth time of Lithuania.
According to the Foreign Minister, our successful bilateral relationship with Belgium will continue to develop. Lithuania and Belgium maintain an intensive economic and business relationship, which is steadily growing. Lithuania also successfully co-operates with the Flemish region and the Walloon region in the areas of innovation, transport sector, culture, education, and tourism industry.
Linkevičius also congratulated Belgium after its election on 8 June 2018 as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for the term 2019-2020.
View more photos on MFA’s Flickr account.