- 2019-08-20 On 20 August at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-08-22 On 22 August at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister receives the new Hungarian Ambassador
On 25 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Hungarian Ambassador Gábor Diczházi. The Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 4 March. The meeting focused on security in the region and bilateral cooperation.
"Lithuania appreciates Hungary's significant contribution to security of our country and the region," said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
Back in 2014, when NATO was strengthening its deterrence posture in the Baltic region, a company of Hungarian soldiers was deployed in Lithuania, where it participated in military exercises and trained along with Lithuanian and the U.S. soldiers. From September to December 2015, Hungary conducted NATO's Air Policing mission with four JAS 39 Gripen fighter jets from the Zokniai military air base. The Hungarian Air Force will safeguard the Baltic airspace again in the second quarter of 2019.
L. Linkevičius ir G. Diczházi highlighted the growth in bilateral trade volume, active bilateral political contacts, recalled the visit by the President of Hungary János Áder in November 2018, as well as cooperation between Lithuania and the Visegrád Four, including a traditional meeting of the Nordic-Baltic-Visegrád Four Foreign Ministers, which would take place in Lithuania in 2019.
G. Diczházi replaced the Hungarian Ambassador Zoltán Jancsi at the end of November 2018.