- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Lithuania's Foreign Minister and the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State discuss strategic cooperation between Lithuania and the U.S.
On 2 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the United States Assistant Secretary of the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs A. Wess Mitchell discussed strategic security cooperation between Lithuania and the U.S. The U.S. representative reaffirmed that the country's policy towards Russia and close cooperation with the Baltic states remained unchanged.
Members of the U.S. congressional delegation repeated the same message during their visit to Vilnius on 2 August. The delegation was headed by Hal Rogers, Chairman of the State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Subcommittee of the United States House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations.
The representatives of the Congress stressed the importance of Lithuania's attention to transatlantic cooperation and of increasing defence spending up to 2 percent of its GDP.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister thanked the U.S. representatives for their support to Ukraine and the policy of non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea. The transatlantic unity is necessary to ensure a common response to Russian aggression.