- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 9:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and other members of the Cabinet meet with the Prime Minister
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania opens its Embassy in Croatia
On 6 June, during his official visit to Croatia, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, together with the Deputy Speaker of the Croatian Parliament Željko Reiner and the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Croatia Andreja Metelko-Zgombić, officially opened the Embassy of Lithuania in Zagreb.
"This year, Lithuania celebrated the 15th anniversary of its membership of the EU and NATO, while Croatia marks the 5th anniversary of its EU membership, and the 10th anniversary of its NATO membership. The opening of the Embassy is an important step towards the development of a relationship between Lithuania and Croatia. I have no doubt that the activities of the Embassy will contribute to raising awareness of Lithuania in Croatia,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
The opening ceremony was attended by members of the Croatian Government and Parliament, public figures, and representatives of the local Lithuanian community.
A skyscraper in the city center houses the Lithuanian diplomatic representation in Zagreb. The Ambassador of Lithuania Jūratė Raguckienė presented her letters of credence to the President of Croatia Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović on 4 March 2019.