- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 9:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and other members of the Cabinet meet with the Prime Minister
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania and Cuba hold political consultations in Vilnius
On 20 May, the Lithuanian-Cuban political consultations were held in Vilnius. The officials discussed political topicalities in both countries, relations between Lithuania and Cuba, the cooperation between Cuba and the European Union, as well as the possibility to strengthen economic, educational, scientific, and cultural ties. They also exchanged information on cooperation within international organizations.
Lithuanian representatives invited Cuba to participate in the international tourism fair, the forum Life Sciences Baltics, and the annual festival of Latin American culture InLatino in Lithuania. During the consultations, regional issues were discussed with particular emphasis on the situation in Venezuela.
The Lithuanian delegation drew attention to the human rights situation in Cuba, including issues around media freedom, and called on the Cuban Government to step up its effort to improve the situation in this area.
The delegations were led by the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs Neris German and the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cuba Marcelino Medina González.
Prior to his visit to Lithuania, the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cuba also travelled to other countries in the region.
Lithuania and Cuba established their diplomatic relations on 26 September 2013.