- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Linkevičius and Turkish Foreign Minister discuss preparations for NATO summit, important foreign and security policy issues
On 9 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius paid a working visit to Turkey and met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu.
The Foreign Ministers of Lithuania and Turkey discussed preparations for the next NATO summit. It will be held in July Belgium. "Both countries are members of the Alliance, which aim at strengthening NATO‘s cooperation and addressing the most pressing challenges of defence and security, including the fight against terrorism and air defence of the Baltic region," the Minister Linkevičius said.
At the meeting, the interlocutors welcomed friendly bilateral relations between Lithuania and Turkey, as well as a rapid growth of economic cooperation. Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister expressed support for the rapprochement between Turkey and the EU, and highlighted the possibility to share the experience and knowledge of the Lithuanian institutions with the Turkish authorities to help the country implement important reforms.
The meeting also discussed the situation in Syria, Iran and other security issues. Linkevičius emphasized Turkey‘s important role in migration case, especially when addressing the issue of Syrian asylum-seekers in the country and Turkey's contribution to the coalition to fight ISIL.
The day of the Lithuanian Foreign Minister‘s visit symbolically coincided with the commemoration of the Europe Day. The head of Lithuania's diplomacy Linkevičius also participated in a discussion at the Embassy of Lithuania in Turkey, which focused on the European Union's future, and global and European security with particular emphasis on challenges facing the Baltic Sea region.