- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 12.20 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu
- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu off at the airport
- 2019-08-20 On 20 August at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Foreign Minister meets with Georgia‘s new Ambassador, discusses further development of ties
On 24 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the new Ambassador of Georgia to Lithuania Levan Gvachliani.
"Our countries cooperate closely in various fields. Lithuania supports Georgia‘s goal of integration into the European Union and NATO," noted the Foreign Minister, when welcoming the new Ambassador. He also expressed his belief that relations between Lithuania and Georgia would continue to develop dynamically in the coming years.
L. Linkevičius and the Ambassador L. Gvachliani also discussed the situation in Georgian territories occupied by Russia and prospects of the Eastern Partnership. The initiative marks its 10th anniversary in 2019.
The Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius congratulated the Ambassador on the upcoming Independence Day of Georgia.
On 6 May, the new Ambassador of Georgia presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė. L. Gvachliani is the fifth head of Georgia's diplomatic representation, who resides in Vilnius. In September, Lithuania and Georgia will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of their diplomatic relations. This year also marks a centenary of Lithuania's representation in Transcaucasia, which operated from 1919 to 1921 in Tbilisi.